Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

What!? I am teaching 4th grade!?

Hi!!
I am Tessa. I am very excited about making my first post to this blog!! I can't believe anyone would really want to read it!! CRAZY!!

Anyway...I am a new fourth grade teacher. YIKES!! I have always taught the little ones. I was a Kinder teacher in AZ for 6 years...then we moved to Texas and I taught second for 2. I thought teaching second was a stretch for me but NOW I am in fourth. OY!!!

When I found out I was moving to fourth I was devastated. I was mad, sad, offended, and I cried...for like 3 days. Yup like a little kid who didn't get her way.  I just couldn't believe it. Why would she move me!? I was rocking second grade..but you see the choice wasn't mine to make!

The start of the summer was rough. I was still mad and really tried to find ANY way I could to not go back. I pleaded with my hubby to find a new job ANYWHERE else...I was being that selfish...can you believe it.

As the summer went on God wrecked me! I'm not sure if you ever have had one of those moments but it was AWESOME! I didn't realize how ugly my heart was. I wasn't letting him in 100%. I was still living in the flesh and that my friends is not good. NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!

So I'm teaching fourth! I'm ok with it. I will do my best and have a great year. I created this blog for our journey. I'm sure there will be days where I want to rip my hair out! I know there will be days filled with lots of laughter. I know I will grow as a teacher. I will LOVE the stuffings out of those sweet kids.

 I just hope you might stay on this crazy train and see how it turns out!!

12 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following you on this crazy, wonderful journey and watching you fall in love with 4th grade. You will be "rocking" it before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world...I'm a new blogger too :) Like you, I love teaching the little ones, but will be teaching 4th and 5th this year. I know that this is God's plan, so I'm just opening up my mind and hanging on for the ride! I'm looking forward to following you on your journey into 4th!

    Kris
    www.thepoolepages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A blog I can definitely relate to. This is so close to my story for next year! You inspired me to start Fourth Grade Eyes, my blog about my journey as a new fourth grade teacher. What a great attitude you developed with time! I know we will both have an awesome year!

    Devona
    fourthgradeeyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in your shoes three years ago. I taught 2nd grade for 8 years and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. I was told that the move up the grade levels is a lot easier than moving down. With all of my heart, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE teaching 4th grade. The big difference between 4th and 2nd graders is that they are funnier, they get my jokes, and they need/want independence (to be big kids). Fourth graders are the same as 2nd graders because they are still "babies' (really), they want to please, and they love reading. Good luck, and I hope you are pleasantly surprised when you adore 4th grade as much as 2nd grade!!! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS so much everyone!!! WOW so blown away and blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tessa,

    Welcome to the blogging world and welcome to 4th grade. This will be my 9th year in fourth, and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

    I am so glad to have found your blog and am your newest follower! I hope you have a super year!

    Tina
    Flamingos and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to blogging and WELCOME TO 4th! You will love it...eventually! :) I've been teaching for 8 years. We are here to listen and help you with anything! Stop by!
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to grade 4 and blogging! I am also a new blogger but love it already. And I absolutely love grade 4!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck on your new endeavors! I teach fifth grade and wouldn't change it for the world! Each grade has their own personality and you'll find out what you love about the fourth graders :) It's really a great age, just give them a chance! If you ever need anything, just ask!

    Best of luck to you!!!
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the ♥