Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What's that Sound!?

I don't know about you but I love teaching phonics. I don't know what it is, but it is fun seeing kids sounding out words and when they see a vowel combo or blend they KNOW it right away...weird I know but I still think it's cool!!!

Anyway...one of my former team members {tear} was saying how she wanted to do a phonics wall this year! GREAT IDEA!!! She is a Bilingual teacher and well this will just be perfect for her class. So I made her some cards!!

Y'all you can use these in so many different ways!!

The obvious way...a phonics word wall!

BUT...you can play games..you can do a matching game OR have kids draw a card and time them for 30 seconds and see how many words they can write OR give them a card and hunt through magazines for the sound OR you can play a version of I have who has....man there is so much you can do!

You can pick it up for a $1 at my TPT store! Ok side note...when I typed the amount this is what i heard..I got a dollar, I got a dollar, I got a dollar, hey hey hey hey....love the Little Rascals!!


Thanks for checking it out!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower and super excited to find another 4th grade teacher. I LOVE 4th grade! I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award. Please visit my blog for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I'm a new follower and I've nominated you for a Liebster Awards! Thanks for sharing your hard work!

    I just noticed that you have already been nominated, but I've already posted up on my blog! Well, I guess it's pretty awesome to be nominated twice! :)

    Constance
    Life with Ms. Learn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the ♥