Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Happenings!!!

This year is just ticking away....which I am not going to complain about!!!

We have been busy doing lots of fun things!!!

We had the first round of testing in March...the writing STAAR test. I am not a fan testing. I hate it. However, we have to do it.  To make it a time of "fun" cause we all know sitting around for 4 hours is so much fun for a 4th grader we do Camp Write A Lot!!! It is a BLAST!!!!!
I set up a big giant tent in my room. My whole class can fit in this thing!!! We do our activities inside the tent for the day. Practice parts of speech, how to we make good sentences, intros, closings, ideas, writing around the campfire, the whole deal! We also practice the MOST important part about writing by...MAKING S'MORES!!!!  There are so many of our students who have 1. never been camping and 2. have never made s'mores. Which, as always, blows my MIND!!!! When we do our memories of 4th grade this is always one of the top ones!!! 


This happened too.....
That is me (as Uncle Si) and my amazing team! We have an end of the 6 weeks hoopla called High Five. We give the students reading goals and if they meet this goal they get to go to the gym and give the teachers high fives! It is a GREAT motivation for our students and we kind of love dressing up! My team isn't afraid to dress up...like any chance we get we are dressing up...characters from the Alamo, Rappers, Hippies, you name it we will do it!!! 


That's about all that has been going on! Good times in 4th grade! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the ♥