Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Can a girl just get a recess break!?

We went back to work on Wednesday! We still have a full week of inservice with a meet the teacher thrown in there. We work with some great people..really we do. I don't know of another district that has a breakfast for ALL employees to celebrate a new school year. Such a blessing.
Anyway...on Friday we had a 1/2 day for a work day...which turns out really to be 2 hours cause it's Friday afternoon and isn't there a rule..thou shalt not work later than three on Friday ever!!
We spent almost two hours planning our schedule which get this DOESN'T have a spot for recess....what tha what!! Yup..it's a sad day when we can't fit recess in!! I'm going back on Monday and by golly I'm shoving recess in somewhere!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend...can't wait to show meet the teacher things, first week things, and my new schedule WITH a freaking recess break!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Recess is a must....both for the students and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We legally HAVE to give our kids 20-30 minutes of recess daily. I hope you find some time somewhere, especially since I {Heart} Recess :) (so do all teachers!)

    Jess
    I {Heart} Recess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the ♥