Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Classroom Tour

This is my home away from home. This is also my third room to completely RE-DO since I've been at my school in Texas! I am SO SO tired of remodeling my classroom!

I {love} looking at other classrooms! We are all so different and so creative and it is just cool to see.

Don't forget to click the pic below and hop over to blog hoppin' and see all of the wonderful classrooms!!


This is my classroom...oooohhhhh....ahhhhhhh!!!

Ok here is the 4-1-1 on rm 16! Before I came in it was all paneling like 70's paneling! I knew I had to paint it. I love bright colors but not bright primary colors. So I painted robin egg blue, mint, and coral. I do love it and when you walk it it's bright but calming...does that make ANY sense!?




This is my word wall area. I loved how this turned out. It makes me happy happy happy! And you know what else is exciting...you see that sad area below my word wall space...well don't worry friends cause the best chevron futon will be taking up that spot!! It should be in next week and I can not wait!!

See...it's going to be perfect..and I am gonna scotch guard the CRAP out of that thing!!



This is our cubbies and sink area. Each kid has a tub in their cubby where they will hold "stuff"...I really don't know what but I'm sure there will be lots of "stuff"!! The ABC picture is from my MIL. I love it! It's one of a kind and I just am grateful she painted it for me! 



This is our main teaching area with my smartboard. The smartboard is a great teaching tool. I just can't wait to think what the technology will be like in years to come. If you notice there is a little glow around my board. I took tulle and wrapped it around Christmas lights. We plug it in when the lights are off and it creates great ambiance..for learning!! It only took 4 episodes of Real House Wives New Jersey and 3 Pretty Little Liars to finish...no lie you will not complete in an afternoon friends!!! 


This is my desk area. For those that know me know this will be the cleanest it will look til next school year. I spend most of my time at my table for guided reading but everyone needs a cute teacher desk!!


I spend so much time here too! I {adore} guided reading time. I feel this is one of the most important times to help reading and then the rest of the kids are doing Daily 5! 


Speaking of Daily 5..this is how I am going to keep track of what the kids are doing. They will stick a popsicle stick in the pocket and I will be able to tell what the student is doing! 


This is our library area! Like I have said before we are in desperate need of books. Those bright color boxes will hold the books that we have now BUT we need MORE!! That is why I did the donors choose program and I am praying people will donate to help us out!  If you are interested please pray out about it and click here!

Well that's it! Thank for stopping by!!


8 comments:

  1. You have done AMAZING things with your room! I also feel that my room is my home away from home so it needs to be bright and cheery!

    As for books, I found a lot of books (for very little money) at the local Salvation Army store. Maybe check there...

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to LIVE in your room. I mean it. It is PRECIOUS! Everything about it screams, "LOVE!" Do you have an up close shot of your tulle on your lights?
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ;) I will take a pic and show you!

      Delete
  3. Your classroom is beautiful! I wish I could paint walls in my building. I donated $5 towards your donors choose project. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first year I had so few books. I found a lot on Craigslist, there were a few retiring teachers who gave them to me for free! Also, there has been a pinterest pin going around where you can get 150 books in a box for something like 17 cents each! Worth looking into!

    -Dede

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect thanks y'all! I have tons of books for second grade that I am letting a new teacher use cause well..when we first start out we really don't have money!! I'm hoping this will help her not be nervous and build her collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your classroom! Glad I found your blog through the linky!

    Your newest follower!
    Jess
    I {Heart} Recess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the ♥